Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Things I Have Lost


...hope, perspective, sight, face, weight, heart, touch, my keys, my job, my savings, the will to live, consciousness, composure, balance, the thread, the file, the password, fluency, patience, faith, innocence, youth, focus, the ability to do anything, all confidence in myself and others, some time, my train of thought, my socks, my memory, my sense of adventure, my virginity, my values, the fight, the opportunity, all belief in anything, all desire for anything, to do or to be anything, a world the other day, my house, my kids, my wife, my parents, my family, my grip, my groove, my teeth, my hair, my looks, my glasses, my sight, my speech, my sense of self, all respect for anything and any one, my homework, my values, my dignity, the receipt, some work, a bet, a fortune, the big game, the remote, the signal, my phone, your number, the girl that got away, a lot of friends, my ticket, my temper, my head, my marbles, my moral compass, all sense of propriety, all sense of proportion, control, the lead, the battle, the war, the debate, your attention, the election, my mojo, my mind, my shit, my voice, my place, your book, my life, my nerve, my lunch, my wits, my way, your support, it all…

- from the diary of Barack Obama, November 5, 2012

2 comments:

  1. Obama must pursue this as a campaign strategy in certain gentrified areas of Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he forgot the "hair on my buttocks."

    ReplyDelete