Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Midnight in America


"The United States is where country dominates town." - Karl Marx

"I think about AM radio, about night driving through moonlit plains, and all the people who spend their whole life being ignored. I think about the part that dedicate their entire overlooked lives to knowing a few things very well and the rest who dedicate theirs to drowning them out. And I think to myself, 'I'm a shriveled-up half person. I can't take life any more.'" - an academic

"America is Trayvon Martin, Ramarley Graham, and Staff Sgt. Robert Bales." - Rick Santorum

"There is no higher calling than to exterminate what is ugly in the name of what is beautiful." - Barack Obama

"You don't have to go abroad for long to realize that the worst thing about America is that it feels like home." - Susan Sontag

No comments:

Post a Comment