Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Air War In Darkest Africa, and Other Colonial Adventures


"On my way to Italy, dear reader, Fate landed me in the back of a roofless truck behind the trigger of an anti-aircraft gun." - Sky Briggs

"Elizabeth Taylor is dead. We have 72 hours to formulate a response." - NATO

"Libya is the melting pot." - Muammar el-Qaddafi

"Why, If I won the election, I'd put that country on a war footing and consolidate my power." - Arab League Secretary-General Amr Moussa

"Let them hang from the Space Needle." - Chief Justice John Roberts on the Afghanistan 'Kill Team'

"Jesus, how do the Israeli air strikes always hit children?"
"I suppose the separately-but-equally racist response would be 'Lack of birth control.'"
- Edward Said and Pith-helmet Hitchens

"What's Palestine?" - Sarah Palin

No comments:

Post a Comment