Friday, January 13, 2012

A Higher Wall


"It is only when surrounded by mediocrity, as in the Starbucks in the Barnes and Noble from which I write, that I feel at home." - Martin Peretz, Jerusalem

"My body is a monument to loneliness." - Lawrence Summers, Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai

"I'll never sleep again, but I'll never die either!" - Jon Huntsman huffing rubber glue, Sugar Tit, SC
"Which came first, loneliness or depression?"
"Childhood."
- Bernard Henry-Lévy, Michele Houellebecq
"Gabriel will fuck in heaven and conquer in hell." - Rick Santorum to his traumatized children

"Don't give up? But giving up is the only thing I have going for me."
- Tim Tebow at Space Camp, 1994

"His muscles glimmer with sanitary anticipation as I bring the mop ever closer to the bucket. But suddenly the blood-stained strands of the mop's roped head remind my of Ronald's locks. I flinch. Mr. Clean turns to me from his image-face on the bucket. 'Will we never be free?'"
- your grandfather on his last day at work
"I hate my life."
"Everyone hates their life."
"That's great, I'll put it on Facebook."
"Don't put it on your Facebook, you fucking loser, that's the trap!"
- Mitch McConnell and John Boehner spoon-feeding each other bleach
"I wish God would kill me." - Pat Robertson wandering Cherokee Country Club golf course, Knoxville, TN, January 13, 2047

"What if everything just is bad?" - Charlie Rose sharing a post-coital cigarette with Ruth Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment