Saturday, May 28, 2011

Da Basement


"Hey there Bob. I think I gotta tune worked out, but what's this about 'the heart is filled with gold as if it were a purse?'"
"You know, you'll die by your own hand."
-Richard Manuel and Bob Dylan, Basement of Big Pink, 1967

"A dark liquid is surging into the basement! Like those green, dark waters that the secret family drinks for purity. She was my daughter, now my queen, and like a pavlovian tapeworn, she digests metal when in the presence of legionaire's disease and the Beatle's 'Don't Pass Me By.' - A young Col. Roosevelt stealing a few soft words below in the dark with his date, The Sweetland Ball

"The Swiss : cuckoo clocks :: Austrians : basements." - Orson Welles

"Here the night is dark, the ground is cold, but I wouldn't dream of starting my campaign anywhere else." - Newt Gin-Ginch draped in diamonds

"Love at first sight." - Amy Chua on Josef Fritzl

"What can I say, I'm an unreconstructed Austrian, I love basements." - Arnold Schwarzeneggar

"A Tiger Mom never cleans the basement."

"An impertinent poet is like a callow dog or a fine bottle of wine. A few decades down in the dark here and there and they come out just right for consumption, with bulging fish eyes and a new sweetness of voice." - Dr. José Gaspar Rodríguez de Francia y Velasco

No comments:

Post a Comment