Monday, December 5, 2011

Political Theology


"Listen, while you sleep know that I hate you and will betray your Cause for the smallest of things." - Michael Caine to his Oscars

"I don't mean that we all end up dead, that's not the great pity. I mean that he couldn't tell me what he was dreaming, and I couldn't tell him what was real." - Deng Xiaoping to Charlie Rose, on Mao

"Progressive taxation was invented by the Jews." - Jon Kyl
Putin Declares Self 'The New Bloomberg'
"When the last hair falls from my baldman's tuft, this Nation shall be cast into the Sea." - David Cameron naked with his Ministers in the Steam Room, 10 Downing St.

"If you want to keep a roof over your head, then you have to let your husband beat you." - Rick Santorum on deregulation

“My opponent’s shrill insistence on the absolute value of individual human life makes me want to wash and towel down with deer skin.”
- Rick Parry
Bloomberg Declares Self 'Putin for Life'
"I mean, who are you? A parasitic, grasping, low-born social climber who does nothing but write self-gratifying pap, your only aspiration to concretely impact the lives around you: to by influence the thoughts of a vulgar, reactionary oligarchy, or of its better-looking, more 'progressive' but equally anti-democratic and ultimately impotent kid-brother bourgeoisie. No, sorry, I have nothing to say to you."
- Barney Frank at a launch party for the latest issue of The Nation

"Yeah, I know, we have a really great friendship, but what I'm saying is, that's not good enough any more. I want to fuck."
- Bill Clinton, on the limits of liberal democracy

"How was that, Nich?"
"Let's try it again, John."
"OK!"
"Sound. Speed. Action!"
"Any dreams you have or plans for your future, I think you're gonna have to put that on hold. For the rest of your life, you're going to be looking over your sh---wait! No! CHINESE GANGSTERS!"
- Jon Huntsman, gunned down on the set of Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment